SELECTION CRITERIA for Appeal Guidance
Having sorted and clustered all applicants’ files and folders, selection of applicants followed the following criteria, ranked in the chronological order of weighting based on clusters.
- Applicants who did not filled application form well are not listed
- Applicants without a Complete application file are not listed
- Target admission letters to be issued totals to 120 letters, 40 letters per program
- Academic performance merit
- Background of study in relation to the program applied for
- Gender (Female applicants were favored when they had the same ranking with male competitors) for women capacity enhancement in STEM studies.
- Nationality of the applicant (Rwandan or Regional)
- Experience of the applicant (if all above had the same ranking for competing applicants)